Office of the Provost
Petition for Approval of Study Abroad
- This form is for students intending to study abroad for a full semester and
transferring credits to their UArts degree program.
- Refer to the Course Catalogue
for guidelines regarding study abroad transfer credits and for financial aid information.
- After taking classes, request that an official transcript be sent from the offering institution to
UArts at the following address:
Office of the Registrar, 320 S Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19102
Include each of the following topics in your essay:
- What is the source of your interest in pursuing studies abroad?
- What do you believe to be the importance or significance of studying abroad?
- Provide a description of your studies to date within your chosen major and articulate why you believe
that your interests will be enhanced by attending your chosen Study Abroad program.
- What are your expectations regarding living and studying abroad in the country that will be hosting you?
- How will studying abroad impact you personally, academically, and in your career choices?
- If the courses taken differ from those approved on this form, the student must re-petition
to have the credits approved.
- The approval of the student's School Director is required if any of the courses will transfer towards major or elective credits.
- The approval of the Dean of Liberal Arts is required if any of the courses will transfer towards Liberal Arts credits.